If you are looking for CyanogenMod 10.1 for Samsung Galaxy Star Pro/Plus Duos GT-S7262 compiled from Android source then you should follow this guide to know about the features of GT-S7262 CyanogenMod 10.1, tools required to flash it, links to download them, and instructions to be followed before and after flashing the custom ROM.
GT-S7262 CyanogenMod 10.1 ROM Details
- Model Number: GT-S7262
- Android version: 4.2.2
- Kernel version: Linux 3.0.8-CM-Kernel-ItsAnilSingh [Updated]
- CyanogenMod version: 10.1-20160606-UNOFFICIAL-logan2g [Updated]
- Build date: Mon Jun 6 09:25:59 IST 2016
- Incremental version: S7262CM101V2
Your warranty is now void. By installing this custom CyanogenMod ROM you acknowledge that you won’t be able to claim official Samsung warranty.
You choose to install this custom CyanogenMod ROM. Thus, I will not be held responsible for bricked devices or dead SD cards.
Please do some research about the features included in this ROM before flashing it!
[Update] CyanogenMod 10.1 for Samsung Galaxy Star Pro/Plus Duos GT-S7262
If you want to install/flash CyanogenMod 10.1 on your Samsung Galaxy Star Pro/Plus Duos GT-S7262 Android mobile then your mobile should meet the following requirements.
- Rooted GT-S7262 Android mobile with custom recovery. Not rooted yet? Check out our GT-S7262 rooting guide.
- Everything i.e, Calls, Messages, Wifi, Bluetooth, Camera, Video Recording etc.
- No issues as far as I tested the ROM.
Note: CyanogenMod 10.1 by default only supports single SIM.
- Fixed “App not installed” error.
- Fixed Camera i.e, camera used to hang for a few seconds while taking pics.
- Fixed video recording i.e, camera used to freeze while recording videos.
- Fixed green bar on video overlays while playing videos.
- Fixed low in-call volume bug.
- Fixed PC Connection problem, caused due to AOS Fix.
- Fixed pixels and other camera related info, caused due to AOS Fix.
- Fixed ringer behaviour when call is blacklisted.
- Fixed Terminal Emulator “force close/stop” error.
- Disabled software HDR in camera; GT-S7262 doesnt support it.
- Disabled automatic brightness; GT-S7262 doesnt support it.
- Added some useful libs related to FM etc.
- Some other misc changes and fixes.
NOTE: If you want to backup messages, call logs, Wi-Fi passwords, installed applications and their data, and restore them after installing CyanogenMod 10.1 on GT-S7262 then kindly read the “backup process” section of GT-S7262 Custom Stock ROM.
It is always recommended to backup entire data to a safe place before installing any custom modification. This backed up data can be used to restore mobile to the previous state when something goes wrong with the process or when the modification does not meet our expectations.
NOTE: CWM v126.96.36.199 has issues with restoring backups. Use TWRP v188.8.131.52 to take backups, and also to flash CyanogenMod 10.1 on GT-S7262. Other versions of custom recoveries generates errors while installing CyanogenMod 10.1 on GT-S7262.
I too used TWRP v184.108.40.206 for backup process and also for installing CyanogenMod 10.1. TWRP allows you to restore individual partition(s) if anything goes wrong with that particular partition(s) without having to restore all the partitions.
- Boot into TWRP Recovery
- Select ALL partitions
- Select Skip MD5 generation during backup
- Swipe to Back Up
- GT-S7262 CyanogenMod 10.1: https://www.file-upload.com/unjncqrn0s09
- Gapps (Google Apps): https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23060877490000128
Installing CyanogenMod 10.1 on GT-S7262
The following steps are for TWRP recovery. If you have installed CWM recovery then you need to select the appropriate options and install ROM based on the following steps.
1) Make sure you have a rooted GT-S7262 mobile with a custom recovery installed.
2) Download the attached file and copy it to your mobile “external memory card”
3) Boot into TWRP Recovery. To do this, power off your mobile, wait for a minute, and then press Power button for 2 seconds and then simultaneously press and hold Volume UP + Home buttons at the same time. When you see a read exclamation mark on top left corner of the screen, release the power button and keep holding other buttons. Your device will now enter into custom recovery mode.
Note: The following steps formats your mobile system, cache and data partitions. Make sure you backup your entire ROM or preferred user data by following above backup steps.
4) Touch on Wipe option.
5) Slide your finger on Swipe to Factory Reset option. This option wipes data, cache and dalvik cache partitions.
6) Touch on Back option and again touch on Back option.
7) Now touch on Install option.
8) Browse to the folder where you saved the downloaded file.
9) Select cm-10.1-20160606-UNOFFICIAL-logan2g.zip file.
10) Slide your finger on Swipe to Confirm Flash option.
11) Thats it, watch CyanogenMod 10.1 getting installed on your Samsung Galaxy Star Pro/Plus Duos GT-S7262 mobile. When finished installing, touch on Reboot System option.
Important: After installing CyanogenMod 10.1 on your GT-S7262 Android mobile, you should also flash Google Apps on your GT-S7262 if you are planning on using Play Store and other essential Google apps.
Installing Google Apps
- Download and copy attached file to your mobile “external memory card”
- Boot into TWRP Recovery
- Browse to the folder where you saved the downloaded file
- Select gapps-jb-20130812-signed.zip
- Swipe to Confirm Flash
- Reboot System
Credits: Doc, Unjustified Dev & TeamButter ( https://github.com/TeamButter )
Don’t forget to restore all the backed-up data from external memory (if any) to your GT-S7262 once you finish the setup process. If you still face any problems, comment below.
Share the ROM with everyone so that it reaches the maximum people. Subscribe to our newsletter for latest post updates directly to your email inbox and YouTube channel for tech video tutorials.