If you are looking for CyanogenMod 10.1 for Samsung Galaxy Star Pro/Plus Duos GT-S7262 Android mobile compiled from source then you should follow this guide completely to know about the features of GT-S7262 CyanogenMod 10.1 custom ROM, tools required to flash it, links to download them, and instructions to be followed before and after flashing the custom ROM.
CyanogenMod 10.1 is an open source operating system (now officially discontinued) based on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean (stable branch). It offers features and options that are not found in official firmware distributions provided by mobile manufacturers.
GT-S7262 Android mobiles comes with official firmware based on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean with added CPU and RAM consuming bloatware applications. Hence, I decided to compile our own CyanogenMod 10.1 for GT-S7262 Android mobiles from source and release it for public use.
GT-S7262 CyanogenMod 10.1 ROM Details
- Model Number: GT-S7262
- Android version: 4.2.2
- Kernel version: Linux 3.0.8-CM-Kernel-ItsAnilSingh [Updated]
- CyanogenMod version: 10.1-20160606-UNOFFICIAL-logan2g [Updated]
- Build date: Mon Jun 6 09:25:59 IST 2016
- Incremental version: S7262CM101V2
Important: I am ItsAnilSingh, author of most-downloaded modifications for GT-S7262 Android mobile. You should always download custom modifications released by me from the links I provide in this website or at XDA-Forums. I cannot guarantee the authenticity of modifications downloaded from other sources, and hence cannot provide support for downloads from such links. If you have any queries or issues with any of my modifications then kindly comment below. I will try to help as soon as possible.
Your warranty is now void. By installing this custom CyanogenMod ROM you acknowledge that you won’t be able to claim official Samsung warranty.
You choose to install this custom CyanogenMod ROM. Thus, I will not be held responsible for bricked devices or dead SD cards.
Please do some research about the features included in this ROM before flashing it!
You have been warned!
[Update] CyanogenMod 10.1 for Samsung Galaxy Star Pro/Plus Duos GT-S7262 Android mobiles
If you want to install/flash CyanogenMod 10.1 on your Samsung Galaxy Star Pro/Plus Duos GT-S7262 Android mobile then your mobile should meet the following requirements.
- Rooted GT-S7262 Android mobile. Not rooted yet? Check out our GT-S7262 rooting guide.
- A custom recovery such as a CWM recovery or a TWRP recovery.
- External memory card to store the downloaded file(s). Needed while flashing the ROM.
- A computer or a laptop (required to root). If your GT-S7262 has already been rooted, then there is no need for a personal computer.
- Working internet connection to download required file(s).
- Everything i.e, Calls, Messages, Wifi, Bluetooth, Camera, Video Recording etc.
- No issues as far as I tested the ROM.
Note: CyanogenMod 10.1 by default only supports single SIM. So, if you are a dual SIM user and uses both the SIMs then make an alternate arrangement for the second SIM to use CyanogenMod 10.1 custom ROM on your GT-S7262 Android mobile or check out my GT-S7262 custom stock ROM for dual SIM support.
- Fixed “App not installed” error.
- Fixed Camera i.e, camera used to hang for a few seconds while taking pics.
- Fixed video recording i.e, camera used to freeze while recording videos.
- Fixed green bar on video overlays while playing videos.
- Fixed low in-call volume bug.
- Fixed PC Connection problem, caused due to AOS Fix.
- Fixed pixels and other camera related info, caused due to AOS Fix.
- Fixed ringer behaviour when call is blacklisted.
- Fixed Terminal Emulator “force close/stop” error.
- Disabled software HDR in camera; GT-S7262 doesnt support it.
- Disabled automatic brightness; GT-S7262 doesnt support it.
- Added some useful libs related to FM etc.
- Some other misc changes and fixes.
Backup applications, SMS, contacts, call logs etc
NOTE: If you want to backup messages, call logs, Wi-Fi passwords, installed applications and their data, and restore them after installing CyanogenMod 10.1 on your GT-S7262 Android mobile then kindly follow the instructions below.
- Install Super Backup & Restore application from Play Store.
- Backup installed applications along with its data to external memory card.
- Similarly backup SMS, call logs, contacts etc to external memory card.
- Now copy this entire data again to a safe place, preferably to a computer. This data can be used if anything goes wrong with the external memory card or if the sdCard does not have enough space.
Backup entire ROM
It is always recommended to backup entire data to a safe place before installing any custom modification. This backed up data can be used to restore mobile to the previous state when something goes wrong with the process or when the modification does not meet our expectations.
NOTE: CWM v18.104.22.168 has issues with restoring backups. Use TWRP v22.214.171.124 to take backups, and also to flash CyanogenMod 10.1 on GT-S7262 Android mobile. Other versions of custom recoveries generates errors while installing CyanogenMod 10.1 on GT-S7262 Android mobile.
I too used TWRP v126.96.36.199 for backup process and also for installing CyanogenMod 10.1. TWRP allows you to restore individual partition(s) if anything goes wrong with that particular partition(s) without having to restore all the partitions.
- Boot into TWRP Recovery
- Select ALL partitions
- Select Skip MD5 generation during backup
- Swipe to Back Up
- GT-S7262 CyanogenMod 10.1: https://www.file-upload.com/knmnfdzp5hkq
- CM Kernel V2 for GT-S7262 CyanogenMod ROMs. You should flash this kernel after installing CyanogenMod 10.1.
- Gapps (Google Apps): https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23060877490000128
Installing CyanogenMod 10.1 on GT-S7262 Android mobile
The following steps are for TWRP recovery. If you have installed CWM recovery then you need to select the appropriate options and install ROM based on the following steps.
1) Make sure you have a rooted GT-S7262 Android mobile with a custom recovery installed.
2) Download the attached file and copy it to your mobile “external memory card”
3) Boot into TWRP Recovery. To do this, power off your mobile, wait for a minute, and then press Power button for 2 seconds and then simultaneously press and hold Volume UP + Home buttons at the same time. When you see a read exclamation mark on top left corner of the screen, release the power button and keep holding other buttons. Your device will now enter into custom recovery mode.
Note: The following steps formats your mobile system, cache and data partitions. Make sure you backup your entire ROM or preferred user data by following above backup steps.
4) Touch on Wipe option.
5) Slide your finger on Swipe to Factory Reset option. This option wipes data, cache and dalvik cache partitions.
6) Touch on Back option and again touch on Back option.
7) Now touch on Install option.
8) Browse to the folder where you saved the downloaded file.
9) Select 10.1-UNOFFICIAL-GT-S7262.zip file.
10) Slide your finger on Swipe to Confirm Flash option.
11) That’s it. Watch CyanogenMod 10.1 getting installed on your Samsung Galaxy Star Pro/Plus Duos GT-S7262 Android mobile. When finished installing, touch on Reboot System option.
Important: After installing CyanogenMod 10.1 on your GT-S7262 Android mobile, you should also flash Google Apps on your GT-S7262 if you are planning on using Play Store and other essential Google apps.
Installing Google Apps
- Download and copy attached file to your mobile “external memory card”
- Boot into TWRP Recovery
- Browse to the folder where you saved the downloaded file
- Select gapps-jb-20130812-signed.zip
- Swipe to Confirm Flash
- Reboot System
Credits: Doc, Unjustified Dev & TeamButter ( https://github.com/TeamButter )
Don’t forget to restore all the backed-up data from external memory (if any) to your GT-S7262 Android mobile once you finish the setup process. If you still face any problems, comment below.
Share the ROM with everyone so that it reaches the maximum people. Subscribe to our newsletter for latest post updates directly to your email inbox and YouTube channel for tech video tutorials.