In this post, I am going to share CyanogenMod 11 compiled from source for Samsung Galaxy Star Pro/Plus GT-S7262 Android mobiles. If you are one among the people looking for KitKat ROM for GT-S7262 Android mobiles then you should check out this post for GT-S7262 CyanogenMod 11 download links, information on tools required to install it and installation instructions to be followed before, while and after installing the custom ROM.
CyanogenMod 11 is an open source custom ROM (now officially discontinued) based on Android 4.4.4 KitKat. It is free to use, greatly extends the capabilities of your Android phone. If offers custom features that may not be available or enabled on your device manufacturer provided firmware.
Need for Custom ROM
Coming to GT-S7262 Android mobiles, the stock firmware provided by device manufacturer is based on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean with extra loaded bloatware. With only 512 MB RAM and single core cortex-a5 processor, it becomes very difficult for a low-end device like GT-S7262 to run applications smoothly.
Hence I decided to compile our own CyanogenMod ROMs from source and release it for public use. In my previous post, I released CyanogenMod 10.1 for GT-S7262 Android mobiles, and in this post I am going to release CyanogenMod 11 compiled from source for GT-S7262 Android mobiles. Check it below.
GT-S7262 CyanogenMod 11 ROM Details
- Model Number: GT-S7262
- Android version: 4.4.4
- Kernel version: Linux 3.0.101-CM-Kernel-ItsAnilSingh [Updated]
- CyanogenMod version: cm-11-20170522-UNOFFICIAL-logan2g [Updated]
- Build date: Mon May 22 18:20:50 IST 2017
- Incremental version: S7262CM110V2
Important: I am ItsAnilSingh (Anil Singh), author of most-downloaded modifications for GT-S7262 Android mobiles. You should always download custom modifications released by me from the links I provide in this website or at XDA-Forums. I cannot guarantee the authenticity of modifications downloaded from other sources, and hence cannot provide support for downloads from such links. If you have any queries or issues with any of my modifications then kindly comment below. I will try to help you as soon as possible.
This mod will void your mobile warranty.
By installing this custom GT-S7262 ROM, you acknowledge that you won’t be able to claim official Samsung warranty.
You are choosing to make these modifications on your mobile on your own. Thus, I will not be held responsible for bricked devices or dead SD cards.
Please do some research about the features included in this ROM before flashing it!
You have been warned.
[Beta 2] CyanogenMod 11 for Samsung Galaxy Star Pro/Plus GT-S7262 Android mobiles
As CyanogenMod 10.1 ROM only has support for single SIM, many users requested me to compile CyanogenMod 11 ROM that has support for dual SIM. If you are also one of them, you can install CyanogenMod 11 on your GT-S7262 Android mobile by simple following the instructions below.
If you want to install CyanogenMod 11 on your GT-S7262 Android mobile then your mobile should meet the following minimum requirements.
- GT-S7262 Android mobile with root access. If your mobile is not rooted, follow our GT-S7262 rooting guide.
- TWRP recovery. Download links attached below.
- Memory card to store the downloaded file(s).
- A computer or a laptop (required to root). If you have already rooted your GT-S7262 Android mobile, then there is no need for a personal computer.
- Working internet connection to download required file(s).
Now that your Android mobile meets the minimum requirements, you should check out the following GT-S7262 CyanogenMod 11 features.
- Applied Spreadtrum patches to ROM sources
- Optimized ROM for 512 MB RAM
- Pre-optimized for fast boot
- Permissive 3.0.101 Linux Kernel patched using sprd patches
- Calls, Messages, USSD, Wifi, Bluetooth, Audio, Camera, Audio Recording, Mobile Data (SIM1 and SIM2), Xposed Framework, PC Connection etc.
- When snapping pics, camera hangs for a few seconds
- Camera starts timer and then freezes while recording video
NOTE: Only TWRP 3.0.0 or newer can be used to flash CyanogenMod 11 on GT-S7262 Android mobiles.
Backup SMS, call logs, application data etc
When installing a custom ROM on your Android mobile, you are advised to perform a factory reset to avoid any post-installation problems. Thus, you must take backup of your call logs, messages, application data, game data etc on your external memory card and restore them after installing the custom ROM.
To do this, install Super Backup & Restore free application from Play Store and use it to backup your important data such as call logs, contacts, application data, messages etc to your external memory card. You can use the same application to restore the backed up data on your GT-S7262 Android mobile.
Backup EFS and other partitions or entire ROM
Before flashing this ROM, its better to have a backup of your current ROM in case if anything goes wrong in the process. This backup can be used to restore your GT-S7262 Android mobile to the previous working state.
** Before proceeding, you should copy data from your internal memory and external memory to your PC or laptop. You don’t want to lose them. Do you?
Now follow the below instructions to backup entire ROM to your mobile external memory card.
- Boot into your mobile recovery
- Follow: Backup -> Select ALL partitions
- Then follow: Select Storage -> Micro SDCard -> OK
- Swipe to start Backup
This ROM is only for Samsung Galaxy Star Pro/Plus GT-S7262 handsets
- GT-S7262 CyanogenMod 11: https://www.file-upload.com/wdl5mle9d14y
- CM Kernel V2 for GT-S7262 CyanogenMod ROMs. You should flash this kernel after installing CyanogenMod 11 for performance and other device related fixes.
Installation of GT-S7262 CyanogenMod 11 Beta 2
- Make sure you have a rooted GT-S7262 Android mobile with TWRP recovery installed.
- Download and copy CM11 zip file to your Micro SD card.
- Boot into TWRP recovery. To do this, power off your mobile and wait for a minute. Then press Power button for 2 seconds and then simultaneously press and hold Volume UP + Home buttons at the same time. When you see a read exclamation mark on top left corner of the screen, release the power button and keep holding other buttons. Your device will now enter into custom recovery mode.
- Click on Wipe option.
- If you are upgrading from Beta 1 or other CM11 ROMs for GT-S7262 Android mobile, then directly slide your finger on Swipe to Factory Reset option. This will format cache, system and data partitions. And then proceed from Step 9.
- If you want a fresh install, then click on Advanced Wipe option.
- Check -> Dalvik, Cache, System, Data, Internal Storage (if you want to format internal memory too).
- Then slide your finger on Swipe to Wipe option.
- Now click on Back button multiple times till you see ‘Install’ option.
- Click on Install option.
- Browse to the folder where you saved the downloaded file.
- Select 11-UNOFFICIAL-GT-S7262.zip file.
- Now slide your finger on Swipe to Confirm Flash option.
- That’s it. Watch CyanogenMod 11 getting installed on your GT-S7262 Android mobile. When finished installing, click on Reboot System option.
If you want to use Google apps such as Play Store, then download Open GApps (Open Google Apps) from the following link and install it from recovery.
Open Google Apps
- OpenGApps (Pico): http://opengapps.org/?api=4.4&variant=pico
- Download and copy gapps zip file to your mobile and flash it without wiping anything.
@Unjustified Dev and @Doc_cheilvenerdi.org – For starting the CM project, initial tress and stuff.
@versusx for mobile data fix.
@regalstreak for his highly compressed updated CM11 sources.
@andii_nr @ngoquang2708 @Corphish @dhinesh77 @pawitp and others for various fixes and their tree references.
Restore all the backed-up data from your external memory or PC to your GT-S7262 Android mobile once you finish the setup process.
Share the ROM so that it reaches the maximum people.
Subscribe to our newsletter for latest post updates directly in your email inbox and YouTube channel for video tutorials.