If you are an Aircel subscriber and finding it difficult to generate UPC and port Aircel number to other network provider then you must follow this guide to know the process and steps involved.
Note: If you have lost SIM number printed on the back side of the SIM or even lost your Aircel SIM, you can check out the respective steps below to get back SIM number.
Even today we are facing Aircel network problems. It is now confirmed that Aircel will shutdown soon. On 28th of February, Aircel officially filed for bankruptcy owing to huge debts. The network company has left us with no other choice but to port Aircel number to other network.
What is porting
Porting is the mechanism to change mobile network, retrieving the original mobile number. In this process, one has to generate UPC i.e, unique porting code with the outgoing mobile network and use it to port into new mobile network (incoming mobile network).
Things needed to port Aircel to other network:
- Aircel mobile number
- SIM number printed on the back side of the SIM card
- Secondary working mobile number (doesn’t matter if its another network)
- Pen and paper
Generate UPC & Port Aircel Even If You Lost Aircel SIM
TRAI (Telecom Regulatory Authority of India) has made it compulsory to enter UPC while submitting port-in request to the new mobile network. Hence, you have to generate UPC before you can request to port Aircel to other network. But without Aircel network, how can we get the port-out (UPC) code? To know, continue reading.
We have divided the entire process into three parts.
- Get SIM Number
- Generate UPC
- Porting Aircel To Other Network
Get SIM Number
For uncut SIM cards
- Switch off your mobile and take out your Aircel SIM card.
- Take a pen and a paper.
- Write down the last 5 digits of the SIM number printed on the back side of the SIM card.
For micro-SIM cards
- From your Android mobile, click on the attached Aircel SIM Reader app link and install it.
- For dual SIM users: This app displays information from Slot-1 SIM. So just insert your Aircel SIM in Slot-1.
- Take a pen and a paper.
- Open Aircel SIM Reader app.
- Write down the last 5 digits of “SIM Serial Number” displayed on the screen.
- Using this method, you do not need to visit Aircel head office or opt for a new SIM at Aircel store. If you are still in doubt about the SIM number then kindly visit nearest Aircel head office and get your SIM details and porting info.
Generate UPC Using Android App
If you prefer generating UPC using Android app for your Aircel mobile number then follow the instructions below.
- If you’ve not already installed, install ‘Aircel SIM Reader’ app on your Android mobile. Scroll above for link.
- Click on the Menu icon (3 lines) present on the top left corner of the app.
- Click on Port Now option.
- Continue from Step-2 of Generate UPC Online method.
Generate UPC Online
If you prefer generating UPC online for your Aircel mobile number then follow the instructions below.
The UPC generation link is directly made available on the homepage of aircel.com website. So, you can trust on it. I have personally cross verified the UPC generated online with the UPC generated by IVR system and they both match.
After getting Aircel SIM number, follow the steps below to get UPC (Unique Port Code) online.
- Vist official Aircel UPC generation link. Click on the link attached.
Official Link: http://220.127.116.11/upc/getUPC.jsp
- Enter your 10-digit mobile number in the first input field.
- Enter last 5 digits of your SIM number you’ve noted above in the second input field.
- Select your circle from the drop down menu.
- Click on Generate UPC button.
- Note down the UPC on a paper.
Aircel State Wise Customer Care Numbers
|State||Aircel Customer Care Numbers|
|Bihar & Jharkhand||9852012345|
|Tamil Nadu||9750999209, 9551299210|
Generate UPC Using IVR System
If you prefer generating UPC through Aircel IVR system for your Aircel mobile number then the following steps should be performed in step by step order to get the UPC from Aircel. You can always restart the process if you make any mistake.
- Call Aircel customer care number respective to your state from your secondary mobile number. Checkout the numbers above.
- Place the call on ‘record’. Will be useful to verify the UPC.
- Now select your preferred language.
- Press ‘1’ to verify that you are an existing Aircel subscriber.
- After subscription verification, you need to press ‘1’ again to begin UPC generation process.
- Now you need to input your 10-digit Aircel mobile number followed by the last 5 digits of your SIM number that you’ve noted above.
- Wait for some time till the IVR generates UPC for your mobile number. Have patience.
- Once the IVR generates UPC, the UPC number starting with DAXXXXXX will be played.
- Note down the UPC on a paper.
- You can press ‘*’ to hear the UPC number once again without disconnecting the call.
- If the IVR system plays ‘details does not match’ or ‘incorrect SIM number’ message even after providing correct details then you need not worry. This is a technical glitch that Aircel IVR system is currently facing. You just need to repeat the steps again after some time, preferably after 10-12 hours. We have verified this information with Aircel representatives from Aircel head office.
If you are still facing the problem, then you have to visit nearest Aircel head office (not Aircel store) and sort out the problem.
Aircel State Code
|Jammu & Kashmir||DJ|
|Tamil Nadu, Chennai||DT|
Porting Aircel To Other Network
- Now that you have UPC number with you, you can simply port Aircel number to other mobile network of your choice.
- To do this, just visit the nearest desired network operator office with a valid photocopy, photo identity proof and address proof.
- The representative there will enter your details and UPC number into their server.
- He will then provide you a new SIM card with same mobile number. He may charge you some basic amount.
- After the mandatory waiting period of 7 days, your new SIM card will start receiving new network provider signals. Some network operators are promising porting within 24 hours.
That’s it for today! Hope this simple step by step process has helped you in porting your Aircel mobile number to your desired network provider.
Share this article with your family and friends. Subscribe to our newsletter for post updates directly in your email inbox and YouTube channel for tech video tutorials.