Have you ever thought of becoming a mutual fund agent? I think most of the people do not even know what a mutual fund agent actually do? A mutual fund agent is the one who facilitates buying and selling of mutual funds by investors and also, earns a commission for bringing in the investors for various mutual funds schemes. I know if you come across this article then you must be looking for a guide of how to become mutual fund agent in India.
Generally, a mutual fund agent aware of the investors about various mutual funds schemes and also helps out the investors in carrying out investment transactions. He also has to track the functioning and performance of the mutual fund’s industry. A mutual fund agent has to coordinate and collaborate intensely with the fund research time to identify the best investment options.
Mutual Fund Agent Eligibility
The minimum qualification to become a mutual fund agent is 10+2 or 10th along with 3 of years diploma. If you want to start a career as a mutual fund agent, then the minimum requirement after 10+2 is NISM Series VA Mutual funds distributors certification. You also need a registration number from the associations of mutual funds in India. (AMFI)
The candidate age should be more than 18 years old to become a mutual fund agent.
It is essential to have the right skills than having a paper of certification. A successful mutual fund agent must possess given skills.
- A mutual fund agent should streamline and do quantitative research for interest rates.
- He should be aware of analyzing debt and loan portfolio performance.
- A mutual fund agent should know about credit appraisal.
- Mutual fund agents should enhance the Basel based internal rating system.
- He should be capable of generating better trade ideas.
- Mutual fund agent should be capable of building and maintaining credit risk models.
- He should be capable of providing lending and investment recommendations.
- A mutual fund agent should know how to design a credit strategy and portfolios.
How to Become Mutual Fund Agent in India
If anyone wants to become a mutual fund agent, then he/she can follow out the steps I have given below.
Step 1: Education
The first step would be education. You need to pass the 10th and also have to pursue a three years diploma to get qualified or certification in 10+2. You also need to pass an exam from the National Institute of Security Market.
Step 2: Exam
After the exam, a candidate is now eligible to become a mutual fund agent. However, the candidates need to pursue any degree like B.com, B.A, etc. and also, the candidate needs to make sure that their chosen stream should have economics and financial marketing subjects.
- NISM Series V (a): Mutual Funds Distributors Certification.
- NISM Series V (a): Mutual Funds Distributors Continuing Professional Education.
- AMFI mutual fund advisors module.
- IICM: Refresher course on mutual funds.
- CIEL: Refresher course on mutual funds.
Mutual fund agent has to track debt market trends, Interacting with fund managers, and preparing reports on the mutual funds. A mutual fund agent needs to fulfill various responsibilities and the needs of the investor. Nowadays, a mutual fund agent is highly in demand and requires a good sound knowledge of the stock markets. The scope of employment in this sector has been increased, and that is enough explanation on how to become mutual fund agent in India.