Mudra is a free responsive, search engine optimized and fast loading WordPress theme for blogs.
Advantages of Mudra
With Mudra, you can run any kind of blog with ease. This free and responsive WordPress theme is best suited for personal, technology, travel and lifestyle blogs. Not only these blogs, Mudra also works flawless even if your blog is about cooking, fashion, photography etc.
Rich snippets helps search engines to identify all parts of your blog. To rank your website and its content higher on search engines, rich snippets have been integrated into this theme. Mudra supports several customization options that are available only in premium themes.
The design of this theme is inspired from various blogging themes. Particularly, Genesis and Twenty Seventeen. I made this theme for myself but later decided to make it available for everyone.
Update: Mudra – Free Responsive WordPress Theme has been approved to be listed on the official WordPress themes directory.
Official WordPress.org Link
Click on the following links and download the latest release.
- WordPress.org: https://downloads.wordpress.org/theme/mudra.zip
- GitHub.com: https://github.com/ItsAnilSingh/mudra/
- Yes. I am currently using Mudra – Free Responsive WordPress Theme in this blog. You can test every part of this website and then decide whether to install it or not.
Features of Mudra – Free Responsive WordPress Theme
- Premium Responsive Design
- Search Engine Optimized
- Font Awesome Font Icons
- Pure CSS Superfish Menu
- SlickNav Responsive Mobile Menu
- Custom Header Image
- Custom Background
- Custom Site Logo
- Show/Hide Site Title and Tagline
- Site Icon (favicon)
- Custom Colors: Header Text Color, Background Color, Text Color, Link Color, Link Color (on hover), Button Color, Button Color (on hover)
- Custom Menu Locations: Top Menu, Header Menu, Footer Menu
- Scroll Back to Top Button
- Top Bar
- Top Menu – Top Bar Left
- Social Links – Top Bar Right
- Header Widget – Main Header Right
- Header Bar
- Header Menu – Header Bar Left
- Header Search Icon – Header Bar Right
- Sticky Header Menu
- Right Sidebar
- Full Width Page Template
- Page Title and Page Description on Blog/Archive Pages
- Entry Header: Published/Modified Post Date, Post Author, Post Comments, Post Featured Image, Post Categories and Tags on Blog/Archive Pages and Single Posts
- Excerpt Length on Blog/Archive Pages
- Read More Button on Blog/Archive Pages
- Post Navigation on Single Posts
- Author Box on Single Posts
- Related Posts on Single Posts
- Threaded Comments
- Numeric Pagination
- Footer Widgets Area
- 3 Footer Widget Columns
- Footer Bar
- Custom Copyright Text – Footer Bar Left
- Footer Menu – Footer Bar Right
- Gutenberg Support
- Translation Ready
- And many more to come
- Support via Post Comments, WordPress.org Forum or even Contact Form.
Note: Whenever I find an issue (minor or major) or include/remove a feature, the theme changes are pushed to my GitHub repository (link attached above) right away. Updates to Mudra theme in WordPress.org themes directory might get delayed as it requires some additional work. But be assured, updates to Mudra theme in WordPress.org themes directory will also be pushed as soon as possible.
How To Install Mudra – Free Responsive WordPress Theme
Follow the instructions below to install Mudra WordPress theme directly from your WordPress admin dashboard.
- Login to your WordPress admin dashboard.
- From your WordPress admin dashboard, hover on Appearance option and then click on the Themes option. You can also directly click on the Appearance option.
- Now click on the Add New button.
- Type Mudra in the search field and press Enter key on the keyboard.
- Now you need to hover on the Mudra theme search result and then click on the Install button.
- Wait for a few seconds. The above action will download and install the theme on your WordPress blog.
- After the theme is installed, you need to activate the theme in order to use it.
- To activate Mudra, click on the Activate button. You can also activate the theme at any point of time by simple going to Appearance and then clicking on the Activate button present on the theme.
If you want to install Mudra – Free Responsive WordPress Theme using GitHub repository then you need to follow the instructions below.
Note: These instructions are only for installation through GitHub repository. Follow these steps only when a fix (for some feature) is pushed to GitHub and not to the WordPress.org themes directory.
- Click on the above attached Mudra WordPress theme GitHub link.
- Now click on the Clone or download button present on the right side of the repository.
- Now you need to click on the Download ZIP option. This action will download the latest Mudra theme zip file to your computer.
- By default, GitHub.com names the download file as mudra-master. Even the folder inside the archive have the same name. You need to remove the word master from the folder name inside the downloaded archive using any archive manager software before uploading and installing the theme.
- To do this, open the downloaded archive file using any archive manager software. Right click on the folder mudra-master and then select Rename option. Now delete the word master from the folder name i.e, make it mudra. After renaming the folder, click on the Rename or OK option or hit enter on the keyboard. That’s it. You can now close the downloaded archive.
- Login to your WordPress admin dashboard.
- From your WordPress admin dashboard, go to Appearance -> Themes and click on the Add New button.
- Then click on the Upload Theme button.
- Now you need to click on the Choose file button and browse to the folder where you saved the downloaded zip file.
- Select the modified zip file (downloaded Mudra WordPress theme) and then click on the Install Now button. Wait for a few seconds.
- After the installation, click on the Activate button.
That’s it. You should now be using Mudra WordPress theme on your awesome blog. Go ahead and customize it to your liking.
Have any suggestions or requests? Comment below or at WordPress.org forums or contact me using the contact form present on this website. I will try to address your queries as soon as possible.
Want to contribute? Contact me using any available means and I shall respond to you as soon as possible.
Lets make Mudra the ultimate free responsive WordPress theme for blogs.