Mudra is a free responsive, search engine optimized and fast loading WordPress theme for blogs.
With Mudra, you can run any kind of blog with ease. This free WordPress theme is best suited for personal, technology, travel and lifestyle blogs. To rank your website and its content higher in search engines, rich snippets have been integrated into this theme. Mudra supports several customization options that are available only in premium themes.
Mudra is currently under review to be listed under official WordPress themes directory.
WordPress.org review ticket: https://themes.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/65832
Download latest release from GitHub.com: https://github.com/ItsAnilSingh/mudra/releases/latest
Features of Mudra – free responsive WordPress theme
- Premium Responsive Design
- Search Engine Optimized
- Font Awesome Font Icons
- Pure CSS Superfish Menu
- SlickNav Responsive Mobile Menu
- Custom Site Logo
- Show/Hide Site Title and Tagline
- Site Icon (favicon)
- Custom Colors: Header Text Color, Background Color, Text Color, Link Color, Link Color (on hover), Button Color, Button Color (on hover)
- Custom Menu Locations: Top Menu, Header Menu, Footer Menu
- Scroll Back to Top Button
- Top Bar
- Top Menu – Top Bar Left
- Social Links – Top Bar Right
- Header Advertisement – Main Header Right
- Header Bar
- Header Menu – Header Bar Left
- Header Search Icon – Header Bar Right
- Sticky Header Menu
- Right Sidebar
- Full Width Page Template
- Page Title and Page Description on Blog/Archive Pages
- Entry Header: Published/Modified Post Date, Post Author, Post Comments, Post Featured Image, Post Categories and Tags on Blog/Archive Pages and Single Posts
- Excerpt Length on Blog/Archive Pages
- Read More Button on Blog/Archive Pages
- Post Navigation on Single Posts
- Author Box on Single Posts
- Related Posts on Single Posts
- Threaded Comments
- Numeric Pagination
- Footer Widgets Area
- 3 Footer Widget Columns
- Footer Bar
- Custom Copyright Text – Footer Bar Left
- Footer Menu – Footer Bar Right
- Gutenberg Support
- Translation Ready
- And many more to come
- Support via Post Comments, WordPress.org Forum or even Contact Form.
How to install Mudra WordPress theme
If you want to install and use this theme on your awesome blog then follow the instructions below. These instructions are specifically for downloads using GitHub link.
- Click on the above attached Mudra WordPress theme GitHub release link and download the latest zip file to your computer.
- By default, the release at GitHub.com includes the version number in folder naming. You need to remove the version number from the folder inside the downloaded archive using any archive manager software before uploading it.
- To do this, open the download archive file using any archive manager software. Right click on the folder mudra-xx (xx = version number) and then select Rename option. Now delete the version number from the folder name i.e, to make it mudra. After renaming, click on the ‘Rename’ or ‘OK’ option or hit enter. That’s it. You can now close the downloaded archive.
- Login to your WordPress admin dashboard.
- From your WordPress admin dashboard, go to Appearance -> Themes and click on the Add New button.
- Then click on the Upload Theme button.
- Now you need to click on the Choose file button and browse to the folder where you saved the downloaded zip file.
- Select the modified zip file (downloaded Mudra WordPress theme) and then click on the Install Now button. Wait for a few seconds.
- Click on the Activate button.
Want to contribute? Contact me using any available means and I shall respond to you as soon as possible. Lets make Mudra the ultimate free responsive WordPress theme for blogs.