If you own a Samsung Galaxy Star Pro/Plus Duos GT-S7262 Android mobile and are planning to unlock superuser features of Android operating system then you need to root your GT-S7262 Android mobile. In this post, I am going to share detailed step-by-step procedure that needs to be followed to root Samsung Galaxy Star Pro Duos GT-S7262 Android mobiles.
Rooting an Android mobile
Rooting an Android mobile has both advantages and disadvantages. Rooting unlocks various abilities of Android. Such as, the ability to
- Remove bloatware applications.
- Install custom modifications to increase performance, reduce lags etc.
- Install custom kernels for possible additional features.
- Install custom ROMs.
- And other root level features.
On the other hand, rooting an Android mobile has certain disadvantages. Such as,
- Rooting i.e, gaining root user access voids mobile warranty.
- Device might get bricked.
- Security and privacy issues.
- Certain applications may not work. For example, banking applications due to unlocked Android mobile.
Now that you have learned some of the advantages and disadvantages of rooting an Android mobile, you can decide whether to root your GT-S7262 Android mobile or not.
Important: I am ItsAnilSingh, author of most-downloaded modifications for GT-S7262 Android mobile. You should always download custom modifications released by me from the links I provide in this website or at XDA-Forums. I cannot guarantee the authenticity of modifications downloaded from other sources, and hence cannot provide support for downloads from such links. If you have any queries or issues with any of my modifications then kindly comment below. I will try to help you as soon as possible.
By continuing and following the tutorial, you acknowledge that you won’t be able to claim official Samsung warranty.
You choose to install attached modifications. Thus, I will not be held responsible for bricked devices or dead SD cards.
Please do some research on the attached files before installing them.
You have been warned.
One Click Rooting
Most of the current Android handsets supports ‘one click rooting’ methods using either a custom Windows software or a custom Android application. But this is not the case with the GT-S7262 Android mobile. In order to root Samsung Galaxy Star Pro Duos GT-S7262 Android mobile, you need to have a Windows PC and some supporting files.
There are some guides on the Internet that claims ‘one click rooting’ is possible for GT-S7262 Android mobiles. As a GT-S7262 Android mobile developer, I would like to clarify that only a ‘certain baseband version’ of the Stock ROM allows one click rooting.
Furthermore, the bug has been fixed and the update has been pushed to our GT-S7262 Android mobiles long ago via an OTA update. Thus, you won’t be able to root your GT-S7262 Android mobile using one click rooting software or Android applications. The only option left for us now is to follow the below method.
Root Samsung Galaxy Star Pro Duos GT-S7262 Android mobile
If you have decided to root your GT-S7262 Android mobile then you can continue reading the guide to know about the files required, links to download them and step-by-step procedure to be followed to root Samsung Galaxy Star Pro Duos GT-S7262 Android mobile.
Following are the requirements that needs to be met in order to root your GT-S7262 Android mobile.
- Samsung Galaxy Star Pro/Plus Duos GT-S7262 mobile handset
- Windows PC
Following are the files that needs to be downloaded before you can root Samsung Galaxy Star Pro Duos.
1) Download and install Samsung USB Driver for Windows from the following link on your Windows PC. This is required to detect your GT-S7262 mobile and perform operations on it.
** Samsung USB Driver v220.127.116.11 (8.9 MB): https://www.up-4ever.org/qv9i7ppnlmjz
If the above attached driver fails to connect your Android mobile to Windows PC, then you can download and install the latest version of the driver from the official download link attached below.
Samsung Android USB Driver for Windows: https://developer.samsung.com/galaxy/others/android-usb-driver-for-windows
2) Download either CWM Recovery or TWRP Recovery from the following links to your PC. I recommend CWM Recovery as I have personally developed it and used it to make this tutorial. Hence, the steps listed here are for CWM Recovery.
** CWM Recovery v18.104.22.168 for GT-S7262 (9.5 MB, by ItsAnilSingh): https://www.up-4ever.org/2qho0to81lp5
** TWRP Recovery v22.214.171.124 for GT-S7262 (10.0 MB, by ItsAnilSingh): https://www.up-4ever.org/rrwkisby41f0
** TWRP Recoveries for GT-S7262 (By FireLord1): https://dl.twrp.me/logan2g/ (download ‘tar’ or ‘md5’ version)
3) Download ODIN from the following link to your PC.
** Odin3 v3.07: (443 KB) https://www.up-4ever.org/35vxd0t9mwef
4) Download SuperSU zip file from the following link to your GT-S7262 Android mobile.
** SuperSU 2.46: (3.83 MB) https://download.chainfire.eu/696/supersu
In order to root Samsung Galaxy Star Pro Duos GT-S7262, one should first install/flash any of the above attached custom recovery on GT-S7262 using ODIN and Windows PC, and then continue installing SuperSU using CWM/TWRP recovery.
Note: Before flashing custom recovery, make sure you have SuperSU zip file in your mobile SdCard or internal memory.
Flashing CWM/TWRP Recovery
1. Extract ‘Odin 3’ zip file to a folder on Windows PC. Open Odin 3.07 folder, right click on the Odin3 v3.07 file and select Run as administrator.
2. Power off your GT-S7262 Android mobile. Press and hold Volume Down + Home + Power buttons at the same time until you see an yellow triangle warning.
3. Now press Volume Up button. Your phone will now enter into Download Mode.
4. Connect your GT-S7262 Android mobile to a Windows PC using USB cable and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin3 with an Added! message.
5. Now in Odin, un-check everything except F. Reset Time. Click on PDA and browse to the folder where you saved the recovery file. Select it and then open it.
6. Click the Start button. Wait for a few minutes to let the process complete. Have patience. When you see a green PASS message on Odin, remove the USB Cable and mobile battery for two minutes.
7. Don’t boot your mobile yet. This is important. Lots of people reboot their mobile and then try to boot into custom recovery. For some reason, custom recovery is replaced with stock recovery when we boot the mobile first.
8. After two minutes, re-insert your mobile battery. Press Power button for 2 seconds and then press and hold Volume Up + Home buttons simultaneously at the same time. You will then see a small red colored exclamation mark on the top left corner of the screen. Release the Power button and keep pressing other buttons. Your mobile will now enter into custom recovery.
Note: If your mobile still does not boot into custom recovery then you have to re-check the steps you followed. Also make sure you have installed Samsung USB Driver, re-check USB cable, and whether your mobile is getting detected or not.
The following steps are for CWM Recovery. If you have installed TWRP then you need to touch the appropriate options and install SuperSU zip file based on the following steps.
1. In CWM Recovery, select Install Zip option. Navigate using volume key and select options using power button.
2. Then select choose zip from sdcard or choose zip from external sd card depending on the location of SuperSU zip file.
3. Navigate to SuperSU zip file and select it.
4. Now select Yes option.
5. Your GT-S7262 will now be rooted and SuperSU app will be installed to your mobile system folder.
6. Click on reboot system now.
7. Your phone will now restart. Check for SuperSU app in the drawer section or apps section.
8. Open SuperSU app. If you get any notification to update SuperSU binary then update it using normal method.
9. Download ‘Root Checker’ app and check for root access.
If you still encounter any problem, comment below or mail me @ [email protected]. I will reply to your query as soon as possible.
That’s it for today.
Share this post with your family and friends. Subscribe to our newsletter for latest post updates directly to your email inbox and YouTube channel for tech video tutorials.