If you own a Samsung Galaxy Star Pro/Plus Duos GT-S7262 mobile and planning to unlock superuser features of your Android mobile then you need to root GT-S7262. In this post, I am going to share detailed step-by-step procedure that needs to be followed to root Samsung Galaxy Star Pro Duos GT-S7262 mobiles.
Rooting has it own Pros and Cons.
- Rooting i.e, gaining root user access voids mobile warranty.
- You might brick your device. I hold no responsibility if you brick your device in the process.
Rooting an Android handset unlocks various abilities of Android such as removing bloatware apps, increasing performance and other root level features.
How To Root Samsung Galaxy Star Pro Duos GT-S7262
Most of the current Android handsets supports ‘one click rooting’ using either a custom Windows software or a custom Android application. But this is not the case with the Samsung Galaxy Star Pro/Plus Duos GT-S7262 mobile. In order to root Samsung Galaxy Star Pro Duos GT-S7262 mobile, you need to have a Windows PC and some supporting files.
- Samsung Galaxy Star Pro/Plus Duos GT-S7262 mobile handset
- Windows PC
Following are the files that needs to be downloaded before you can root Samsung Galaxy Star Pro Duos.
1) Download and install Samsung USB Driver for Windows from the following link on your Windows PC. This is required to detect your GT-S7262 mobile and perform operations on it.
** Samsung USB Driver v184.108.40.206 (8.9 MB): https://www.file-upload.com/vz7rjgahn1cf
2) Download either CWM Recovery or TWRP Recovery from the following links to your PC. I recommend CWM Recovery as I have personally developed it and used it to make this tutorial. Hence, the steps listed here are for CWM Recovery.
** CWM Recovery v220.127.116.11 for GT-S7262 (9.5 MB, by ItsAnilSingh): https://www.file-upload.com/tnl15wheyinf
** TWRP Recovery v18.104.22.168 for GT-S7262 (10.0 MB, by ItsAnilSingh): https://www.file-upload.com/6558qepahppm
** TWRP Recoveries for GT-S7262 (By FireLord1): https://dl.twrp.me/logan2g/ (download ‘tar’ or ‘md5’ version)
3) Download ODIN from the following link to your PC.
** Odin3 v3.07: (443 KB) https://www.file-upload.com/2zqcppr9lg8f
4) Download SuperSU zip file from the following link to your GT-S7262 Android mobile.
** SuperSU 2.46: (3.83 MB) https://download.chainfire.eu/696/supersu
In order to root GT-S7262, one should first install/flash any of the above attached custom recovery on GT-S7262 using ODIN and Windows PC, and then continue installing SuperSU using CWM/TWRP recovery.
Note: Before flashing custom recovery, make sure you have SuperSU zip file in your mobile SdCard or internal memory.
Flashing CWM/TWRP Recovery:
1. Extract ‘Odin 3’ zip file to a folder on Windows PC. Open Odin 3.07 folder, right click on the Odin3 v3.07 file and select Run as administrator.
2. Power off your GT-S7262 Android mobile. Press and hold Volume Down + Home + Power buttons at the same time until you see an yellow triangle warning.
3. Now press Volume Up button. Your phone will now enter into Download Mode.
4. Connect your GT-S7262 Android mobile to a Windows PC using USB cable and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin3 with an Added! message.
5. Now in Odin, un-check everything except F. Reset Time. Click on PDA and browse to the folder where you saved the recovery file. Open it.
6. Click the Start button. Wait for a few minutes to let the process complete. Have patience. When you see a green PASS message on Odin, remove the USB Cable and mobile battery for two minutes.
7. Don’t boot your mobile yet. This is important. Lots of people reboot their mobile and then try to boot into custom recovery. For some reason, custom recovery is replaced with stock recovery when we boot the mobile first.
8. After two minutes, re-insert your mobile battery. Press Power button for 2 seconds and then press and hold Volume Up + Home buttons simultaneously at the same time. You will then see a small red colored exclamation mark on the top left corner of the screen. Release the Power button and keep pressing other buttons. Your mobile will now enter into custom recovery.
Note: If your mobile still does not boot into custom recovery then you have to re-check the steps you followed. Also make sure you have installed Samsung USB Driver, re-check USB cable, and whether your mobile is getting detected.
The following steps are for CWM Recovery. If you have installed TWRP then you need to touch the appropriate options and install SuperSU zip file based on the following steps.
1. In CWM Recovery, select Install Zip option. Navigate using volume key and select options using power button.
2. Then select choose zip from sdcard or choose zip from external sd card depending on the location of SuperSU zip file.
3. Navigate to SuperSU zip file and select it.
4. Now select Yes option.
5. Your GT-S7262 will now be rooted and SuperSU app will be installed to your mobile system folder.
6. Click on reboot system now.
7. Your phone will now restart. Check for SuperSU app in the drawer section or apps section.
8. Open SuperSU app. If you get any notification to update SuperSU binary then update it using normal method.
9. Download ‘Root Checker’ app and check for root access.
If you still have any problems, comment below or mail me @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
That’s it for today.
Share this post with your family and friends. Subscribe to our newsletter for latest post updates directly to your email inbox and YouTube channel for tech video tutorials.