If you are looking for Star Kernel i.e, GT-S7262 custom kernel specifically compiled for Samsung Galaxy Star Pro Duos GT-S7262 Stock ROMs or custom ROMs based on Stock ROMs then you are at the right place. Read the post till the end to learn about the features of Star Kernel, tools required to install it, and instructions to be followed while installing the custom kernel.
Features of Star Kernel
- Compiled from official and latest Samsung kernel source using official ARM toolchain 4.6.
- Should work with every GT-S7262 firmware or build. Use your favourite Stock ROM or Custom ROM based on Stock ROM with Star Kernel.
- Smooth like butter.
- Swap Memory Support.
- Optimized for size.
- PS Frequency Change support.
- CPU Frequency Scaling Enabled. Scale CPU frequencies using apps like SetCPU etc.
- Scalable frequencies: 500 Mhz, 600 Mhz, 700 Mhz, 800 Mhz, 900 Mhz, 1 Ghz.
- Enabled CPU Idle Power Management, Tracing, Migration and Branch Profiling.
- Enabled kernel provided Governors, Schedulers. Use your favourite one.
- Added Custom Governor(s): SmartassV2 (tweaked for GT-S7262), Lagfree, Lazy, InteractiveX, Lionheart.
- Added Custom Scheduler(s): SIO, SIO-Plus.
- Allowed higher clockrates, optimized for powersave.
- Added NVS Hibernate driver, Dynamic Fsync Control, CPU Boost driver, BLX (Battery Life Extender) driver, Frandom; a fast pseudo-random generator, TCP Congestion.
- Added glibc memcpy and libstr support.
- Updates: zram (performance), autogroup by android ID, softirq (performance), readahead (performance), sched tweaks (performance), optimized square root algorithm etc.
- Fixes: Swap fix for governors, vfat, i/o latency (34% improvement), cpufreq driver, ondemand governor, ext3 and ext4 bugs, ARM fault etc.
- Insecured ADB and kernel (easy root). Allowed Root, Mock Locations and Debugging by default.
- USB Force Fast Charge support, USB Keyboard support, DriveDroid support.
- Support for FAT, MSDOS, VFAT, EXFAT and NTFS (R/W) file systems.
- Increased performance and responsiveness (Preemption Model).
- Other fixes that caused problems in BeastPro kernel.
Important: I am ItsAnilSingh, author of most-downloaded modifications for GT-S7262. You should always download custom modifications released by me from the links I provide in this website or at XDA-Forums. I cannot guarantee the authenticity of modifications downloaded from other sources, and hence cannot provide support for downloads from such links. If you have any queries or issues with any of my modifications then kindly comment below. I will try to help as soon as possible.
Your warranty is now void. By installing this custom kernel you acknowledge that you won’t be able to claim official Samsung warranty.
You choose to install this custom kernel. Thus, I will not be held responsible for bricked devices or dead SD cards.
Please do some research about the features included in this custom kernel before installing it.
Star Kernel for Samsung Galaxy Star Pro Duos GT-S7262
Below are the details of the tools required, links to download them and instructions to be followed to install Star Kernel on GT-S7262.
Those who couldn’t install previous versions of Star Kernel due to various reasons like incompatibility with Custom Stock ROMs, EFS/IMEI problems, Network problems, Yellow Screen problems etc., can now download and install the attached version of updated Star Kernel.
Others who are already using previous versions of Star Kernel or any other custom kernel for Stock ROM can upgrade to Star Kernel V3 without any issues by following the simple procedure below.
- Rooted GT-S7262 mobile with TWRP or CWM recovery. Not rooted yet? Check out our GT-S7262 rooting guide.
Isn’t it a good idea to have a backup of EFS and Modem partitions of your GT-S7262 in a safe place for a quick recovery if you fail to follow the simple installation steps? Please follow this post to know about simple backup process. You can use this backup to restore EFS partition of your GT-S7262 if you encounter any EFS/IMEI related problems in the future.
Star Kernel V3: Star-Kernel-V3.zip (Updated)
Star Kernel V2: star-kernel-v2-fixed.zip
BeastPro Cleanup: beastpro-cleanup.zip
Installing Star Kernel:
Following steps are for CWM recovery. If you are using TWRP recovery then you need to touch appropriate options and install Star Kernel based on the following steps.
1) Make sure you have CWM recovery or TWRP recovery installed on your GT-S7262.
2) Download the attached file and copy it to your mobile “external memory card”.
3) Power off your mobile. Wait for a minute, and then press Power button for 2 seconds and then simultaneously press and hold Volume UP + Home buttons at the same time.
4) When you see a red exclamation mark on top left corner of the screen, release the power button and keep holding other buttons. Your device will now enter into custom recovery mode.
Tip: Use power button to select and volume buttons to navigate in CWM recovery, touch options in TWRP recovery.
5) Follow this step only if you are using Beast Pro kernel: Follow: install zip -> choose zip from external sdcard -> select “beastpro-cleanup.zip” file -> Yes.
6) Follow: install zip -> choose zip from external sdcard -> select “Star-Kernel-V3.zip” file -> Yes.
7) Thats it! Watch Star Kernel V3 getting installed on your GT-S7262. When finished installing, reboot your mobile.
That’s it for today.
If you still face any problems, comment below. Share this post with your family and friends. Subscribe to our newsletter for latest post updates directly to your email inbox and YouTube channel for tech video tutorials.