If you own a Samsung Galaxy Star Pro/Plus Duos GT-S7262 Android mobile, and are looking for an updated custom kernel specifically compiled for GT-S7262 stock ROM then you should check out the attached Stock CM Kernel V2 compiled from source for advanced features and increased performance.
You should read all the sections of this tutorial to learn about the features of Stock CM Kernel V2, tools required to install it, and instructions to be followed while installing the updated custom kernel for GT-S7262 stock ROM.
Update: Find Stock CM Kernel V2 (updated version) download links in the download section and follow the installation instructions carefully to install the updated custom kernel for stock ROM on your GT-S7262 Android mobile.
Features of Stock CM Kernel V2
- Should work on every GT-S7262 stock firmware or build. No restrictions on custom ROMs which are based on stock ROMs. Use your favourite stock ROM or custom ROM based on stock ROM with Stock CM Kernel V2.
- Note: Works on CyanogenMod ROMs with PC connection disabled. If you connect your GT-S7262 Android mobile to your PC while using CyanogenMod ROM for data transfer, you won’t be able to establish connection between your computer and your GT-S7262 Android mobile. Hence, DO NOT flash this custom kernel when using CyanogenMod ROMs.
- Includes features of updated Star Kernel and its predecessor kernel releases. For more information on Star Kernel features, click on the link attached.
- Upgraded to kernel version 3.0.101 using Spreadtrum patches.
Spreadtrum patches are optimized patches that works greatly on chipsets provided by Spreadtrum. GT-S7262 has Spreadtrum sc6820i chipset with logan board.
- Patches applied to official and latest Samsung kernel source.
- Compiled using official ARM toolchain 4.8.
- Added f2fs (experimental) file system support.
- Updated SmartassV2 governor for better ramp up and ramp down frequencies. This should improve screen wakeup after a long standby time.
- Fixed sprdfb_dsi video driver that caused ‘white screen’ issues in some cases. This should fix white screen problems.
- Added psfreq support.
- Enabled Adaptive KSM (Kernel Samepage Merging). This should fix ‘applications not getting installed’ issues in some cases.
- Added fb_lcd_mipi_fh support.
- Improved futex mechanism.
- Fixed cpu-boost.
- Optimized integer SQRT and console framebuffer for faster operations and increased performance.
- Disabled cgroup debug and freezer.
- Disabled IP multicast and advanced TCP congestion.
- Disabled unnecessary selinux entries.
- IPv4 ping and other misc changes.
- Applied kernel 3.0.101 patches for performance and optimization.
- Various performance, governor and scheduler related fixes.
Important: I am ItsAnilSingh, author of most-downloaded modifications for GT-S7262 Android mobile. You should always download custom modifications released by me from the links I provide in this website or at XDA-Forums. I cannot guarantee the authenticity of modifications downloaded from other sources, and hence cannot provide support for downloads from such links. If you have any queries or issues with any of my modifications then kindly comment below. I will try to help you as soon as possible.
Your warranty is now void. By installing this custom kernel you acknowledge that you won’t be able to claim official Samsung warranty.
You choose to install this custom kernel. Thus, I will not be held responsible for bricked devices or dead SD cards.
Please do some research about the features included in this custom kernel before installing it.
Stock CM Kernel V2 for Samsung Galaxy Star Pro/Plus Duos GT-S7262
Many of the GT-S7262 Android mobile users are experiencing amazing features, speed and performance thanks to the updated Star Kernel for GT-S7262 stock ROMs. Some of the users still could not install the updated version of Star Kernel on their GT-S7262 Android mobiles due to a bug in the video driver.
Those who could not install, along with those who are already using updated Star Kernel or any other custom kernel for GT-S7262 stock ROM can upgrade their current kernel to CM Kernel V2 without any issues by following the simple procedure below.
Before continuing, we must know how a custom kernel is different from the stock kernel. Due to the GPL nature of the Android, every manufacturer has to release source code of their handset kernels. In a custom kernel, a developer removes or adds possible features to the source code making the kernel most versatile.
Hence, if you feel that the present custom kernel or stock kernel is not performing to your expectations, or if you would want to try a feature included in this custom kernel, or if you would want to try latest custom kernel developed by me then you should definitely install Stock CM Kernel V2 on your GT-S7262 Android mobile.
Below are the details of the tools required, links to download them and instructions to be followed to install Stock CM Kernel V2 on GT-S7262 Android mobile.
- Rooted GT-S7262 Android mobile with TWRP or CWM recovery. Not rooted yet? Check out our GT-S7262 rooting guide.
- GT-S7262 stock ROM or custom ROM based on stock ROM.
We recommend you to have a backup of EFS and Modem partitions of your GT-S7262 Android mobile in a safe place for a quick recovery if you fail to follow the simple procedure below. Please follow this post to know about simple backup process. You can use this backup to restore EFS partition of your GT-S7262 Android mobile if you encounter any EFS/IMEI related problems in the future.
Stock CM Kernel V2: Stock-CM-Kernel-V2-ItsAnilSingh_signed.zip (Updated)
Stock CM Kernel V1: Link removed intentionally. Previous version has been updated to version-2 with more stability fixes and performance improvements. So, download Stock CM Kernel V2 instead and install it.
Installing Stock CM Kernel V2:
Following steps are for both CWM and TWRP recovery. Follow steps respective to the recovery installed.
2) Download the attached file and copy it to your mobile “external memory card”.
3) Now, power off your mobile and wait for a minute. Then press Power button for 2 seconds and then simultaneously press and hold Volume UP + Home buttons at the same time.
4) When a red exclamation mark appears on the top left corner of the screen, release the power button and keep pressing other two buttons. Your device will now enter into custom recovery mode.
Tip: In TWRP recovery we need to click on the options, and in CWM recovery we have to use power button to select and volume buttons to navigate across recovery options.
5) TWRP Recovery: Click on Install, then click on SD card. Now select “Stock-CM-Kernel-V2-ItsAnilSingh_signed.zip” file and then slide your finger on Swipe to confirm flash option to start the installation.
6) CWM Recovery: Select install zip, then select choose zip from external sdcard. Now select “Stock-CM-Kernel-V2-ItsAnilSingh_signed.zip” file and then scroll down and select Yes option to start the installation.
7) That’s it! Watch Stock CM Kernel V2 getting installed on your GT-S7262 Android mobile. When installation is finished, reboot your mobile.
** You can make use of features included in Stock CM Kernel V2 by using some custom performance increasing modifications or applications like L Speed App.
That’s it for today!
Please leave your valuable feedback and bugs (if you encounter any) in the comment box below.
Share this post with your family and friends if you find it useful! Do subscribe to our newsletter for latest post updates directly in your email inbox and YouTube channel for tech video tutorials.